:/
I just bought another 512MB DDR PC333 module for my PC and now my linux
won't boot anymore. I tried an update from CD, installer doesn't work
either. Memory just went through a 3 hours memtest86 and no error found.
Windows handles it OK (I have a dual boot with Win2k pro). It just loads
lilo, but when selecting linux it goes into a black screen and doesn't react
to any commands. The Scroll lock and Caps lock leds are blinking
continuously. :(

At first I thought my installation is broken and tried to start the linux
install from CD again and do an upgrade so it would reinstall the kernel.
When starting the installer same problem. It loads the first screen OK, but
whatever option for the installer I select it still freezes with those leds
blinking. :( I even tried passing mem=1024M as parameter just to make sure,
but still no go. :( I thought the current releases of the kernel handled OK
up to 1Gig of ram. As far as I remember you needed compiled support in it
only for >1G ram. Also as far as I remember having more memory than linux
kernel can handle produced no freeze. It just showed and used less than you
have. :( Please help. :(

Best regards,
Adrian