Todd Lyons wrote:

Adrian Golumbovici wrote on Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 06:23:13PM +0100 :

Also I checked and mem=960M doesn't help and the enterprise kernel has same
problem. I tried lowering the mem value even further and with 900 didn't
work. With 800 it worked (both distro kernel and enterprise). :/

The actual crossover point is 896 Megs (or 892, I can never remember).

*lol* why does this feel so damn known to me ??? :)
Regarding that - I also remember many people having had problems with ACPI enabled in the CMOS-Setup. You could also try disabling the ACPI (Power management) in your motherboard, especially the suspend to ram etc. functions which screw up some things...

Guess we have almost done a complete turnaround of testing capabilities here :)

Cheers

        Joerg
| Joerg Mertin              :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (Home)|
| in Neuchâtel/Schweiz      :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]            (Work)|
| Stardust's LiNUX System   :                                          |
| PGP 2.6.3in Key on Demand :  Voice & Fax: +41(0)32 / 725 52 54       |
Home-Page: http://www.solsys.org