Ric Tibbetts wrote:

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 01:08:37PM -0600, Paul Cox wrote:

On Thursday 13 March 2003 12:06 pm, Ric Tibbetts wrote:

All;
I installed 9.1rc2 last night, and it has an annoying problem. It won't
let me set the hostname. It defaults it to some, very long, strange
thing. In the past, I've always gotten round this, by forcing the
hostname in /etc/sysconfig/network. But that trick isn't working in
9.1rc2.

The workstation is running undder DHCP, and I suspect that's where the
name is coming from. But I've always been able to change it before.

Update dhcp-client from the cooker and it should fix it (you'll also need dhcp-common).

Thank you. I'll give that a shot.

Ric

Ok, apologies accepted, let's cool it down now :)
Eric