Ron,

I haven't tried this, so I don't know if it will work or not.  What happens if you
make a boot floppy to do your install, but use the floppy image from the 9.0 release
that supports your on-board controller?  Once booted, install 9.1 from your hard drive
(that's what you're trying to do, right?).  Another option might be, if you have the
9.0 CDs, boot to rescue mode and mount your drives there.  Then, install 9.1 from your
hard drive.

Again, I don't know if the above will work, as I haven't tried it and ultimately,
Mandrake needs to have a patch or a fix put out.  But, it may let you get 9.1
installed and running until they do.

Good luck,

Joeb