Anne Wilson wrote:

On Saturday 29 Mar 2003 5:03 am, Ron Stodden wrote:

Tom, Charles,

Thankyou for your responses.

My point is that mandrake 9.0 suppports all my IDE combinations,
Mandrake 9.1 does not.   I do not use any raid.

Therefore, ipso facto, plainly, without doubt,  as surely as the sun
rises in the east and sets in the west, we have Mandrake retrogression:

The fix must come from Mandrake (a corrected hd.img?). And quickly!

This makes me nervous - your ide config sounds very similar to mine

The problem may not exist with an install from CDs. I have the 9.1 tree but not the ISOs. I plan now to run 9.1 mkcd from the tree to produce 9.1 ISO files, burn them to CD-RW and try to install from CD and announce the result here. Note that my downloaded 9.1 tree (see sig below) is non-standard by not including any non-English locales or RPMs. This does not give the 9.1 hd.img installer any problem.

--
Ron. [Melbourne, Australia]
 20030119 Get Fastest Mandrake downloader, English-only,