Hello

Well, I need some advice for a classic problem... I am now unable to get
access to one of my computers, as I forgot my password (root account).
I still have a basic user password, but - no luck - it has expired.

In fact, I am trapped out of my box ;-)

I have some data I need to get back, and I must find a way.
Of course, I have physical access.
Getting the hard disk to another machine in order to recover data before
a reinstallation is an option, but for different reasons I prefer to
avoid it (SCSI disk on the locked box, no SCSI support in the one I use
now, which is quite full in terms of alim usage).

Is there a way to get back my password ? I mean, maybe some brute force
utility ? I think I can get the password file with a floppy (after
booting on CD).

The locked box is Mdk 9, with I think the most paranoid security level.

Any advice for the stupidest man on Earth ?

TIA and regards,

FT
--
[INSERT FEELING HERE]