Am Samstag, 5. April 2003 14:34 schrieb Joerg Mertin:
> Hi Folks,
>
> as I'm a kind of an Old Unix guy, and having lots of Mirror Sites I'm
> getting RPMS, Sources etc. from onto my server-harddrives, I wanted to
> add the RPM's at least into the Software Repository to use with the
> Mdk-Software Installer.
>
> I do see in the normal directories, that the base directory holds the
> old well known hdlist.cz etc. files. Trying to create these using the
> genhdlist program generates me some files, but these are not accepted by
> the Software Source manager of the direct command line using the urpmi
> programm. The Error message is:
>
> Unable to update medium; It will be automatically disabled.
>
> I was up to now unable to find detailed documentation on how to really
> use it genhdlist, or to create a valid RPM Repository.

It is fairly easy. I usually go in the directory and make a "genhdlist ." then
I can add it with usual "urpmi.addmedia name file://path/to/repository with
hdlist.cz"

If you was in /path/to/ and made a 'genhdlist repository' you have to
'urpmi.addmedia name file://path/to/repository with ../hdlist.cz

At least this is how I understood it and it worked here several times.

> So - here comes my request. Anyone has a Howto hanging around or a Link
> to decent Documentation ?
>
> If using genhdlist is the wrong way of doing it. Anyone has a Pointer
> into the right direction ? I seeked the Internet foir several hours for
> the correct hints, but so far without success...

No hdlist is the right way

> Thx for your help :)

Hope it helps ;)
--