On 28 Jul 2003 18:26:34 -0700 James Sparenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Ok... I'm a dummy here but one question.  Does the first line in the
> perl script the one that should be something like
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
>
> Actually say that or does it say
>
> #!/usr/local/bin/perl

Or worse:  #!/usr.....perl\r\n ?
                          ^^
This is one of the most subtle problems when a script won't start...  it's
not visible in most editors unless in hex mode.  This "bug" makes it
appear the progname contains a carriage return as the last character of
its name.

I didn't respond sooner because the Subject implies the script does work
when run as root...