From: "Steffen Barszus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Am Donnerstag, 31. Juli 2003 13:22 schrieb stefmit:
> > Is it just me, or is this site ($subject) having big problems?!? Cannnot
> > reach it for the second day in a row ...
> >
> > Hmmm ... same with archives.mandrakelinux.com?!? Could it be "me", from
> > three different locations (C&W, Sprint and AT&T backbones)?!?
> >
> > Stef
>
> Nope I don't think so. I have regular issues lately with mandrakes sites
too.
> At the moment for me its mandrakesecure.net, archives.mandrake.com,
yesterday
> it was mandrakeuser.org, mandrakesecure some days ago too. The mail
archives
> were down several times for me too some days back. I use t-online and I
think
> their backbones are very reliable
>
> So I think
>
> 1) They have server problems
> 2) they change their infrastructure.

They have been updating their servers, (both hw and sw)
and changing dns setups an so on...
Even tonight or tomorrow there will be some dns updates....

> It doesn't make a good picture to have regular sites down.
>
> Steffen

I think they are prepairing their systems for the 9.2 rush...

But hopefully we wont see downtimes from now on...,
since they are using RR to handle the loads...

Thomas