On Tuesday 19 August 2003 01:33 pm, Bryan Phinney wrote:
> I have a Hpt372 on my motherboard and had to turn it off in the BIOS since
> with standard 9.1, it causes a kernel panic that kills Mandrake.  I did
> recompile the kernel with the Highpoint drivers and got it to the point
> where it wouldn't kernel panic when starting Linux but it still would not
> see the hard drives on that controller.

I have a 372 on my Motherboard, Soyo KT-400 Dragon Ultra that works fine as a
standard ATA controller.  RAID can then be achieved with the Linux
RAID-tools.

Are you sure it is the Highpoint COntroller causing the kernel panic and not
the APIC or something.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx