On Saturday 06 September 2003 03:25 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 05 Sep 2003 11:22 pm, Brant Fitzsimmons wrote:
> > Anne Wilson wrote:

> > >Hi, Steve.  No, it's not the video card.  That's an old SiS card
> > > that was working under 9.0.  Of course, it may be that 9.1 can't
> > > handle that card.  If that's so, I'll have to work out how to vi
> > > lilo.conf to get back to the old 9.0 install
> > >
> > >Anne
> >
> > Does it work with Knoppix?  Maybe you could boot up with Knoppix
> > and copy the resutling XF86Config-4 file to your new install.
>
> I have to go out this morning, but I'll try that when I get back,
> thanks.

Anne, if this is an older card, it might not support the render extension, in
which case you have been bitten by the libqt bug in the version of qt that
shipped with 9.1.  This was subsequently fixed with an update, so if you have
not added any updates yet, try updating libqt first.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx