On Saturday 06 September 2003 11:11 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 06 Sep 2003 8:42 am, James Sparenberg wrote:
> >
> > If you run startx from runlevel 3 ... what does it give you as the
> > reason for not starting?
> >
> There are no error messages.  KDE is obviously trying to start up.  I
> hear the .wav file, and bits of the display flash on screen then off
> again.  Then the watch cursor stays on screen for a long time, and
> finally starts alternating between the watch and the arrow.
>
> I don't know how to get out of this apart from powering down.

Anne, have you updated libqt.  You are describing the symptoms of the bug that
prevented qt apps from running in vnx or any other display that does not
support RENDER.  If you have an older card and XFree86 3.3.6 was installed,
this will be the case with you.  I'll bet you $10 that if you update your
libqt packages your problem will go away.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx