On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:02 am, many eyes noted that Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 Sep 2003 9:33 pm, Wolfgang Bornath wrote:
> > Anyway, if we feel that the retail market would start to grow up
> > again, we would certainly consider to address it again. We're also
> > aware that being on shelves is good for mindshare.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >     Gaël.
> > <unquote>
> >
> > I can see his point.
>
> Fair enough.  So the best we can do is to keep pushing the name in any
> way we can to improve visibility.  Write to our favourite mags,
> regularly, quoting Mandrake as often as possible.  Promote amongs
> friends, acquaintances and business associates whenever it may get a
> fair hearing.  At least we know now what we can and can't do.
>
> Anne

About two months ago I made another concerted push for Open Source Software to
be used more extensively throughout State, Federal and Local government. I am
using Mandrake of course and have the couple of lines previously posted on
the bottom of the first page of "all" correspondence, private or otherwise.

Though I was extolling the virtues of Open Source Software, not any
distribution in particular. The letter that I received back from the state
Premiers office was headed [and I just checked it to be certain] Linux
Mandrake Software Computer Program in bold and capitals, and the letter
beneath. I did mention to my partner that this kind of exposure works.

In this way even if no one knows what Mandrake and Linux is because the
correspondence does not actually apply to the letters contents, their ears
will prick up whenever it is mentioned again. Other write and ask "what the
hell is Linux Mandrake." That is the very best response you can get. Someone
who shows interest.

Charlie.

--
Though we've been dwelling together,
I don't know his name:

- Shitou

This email is guaranteed to be wholly Linux Mandrake 9.1, Kmail v1.5 and
OpenOffice.org1Beta