On Saturday 20 September 2003 11:31 pm, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> 9.2 is supposed to go final RSN (Monday?), but neither the Mandrake home
page
> nor the Mandrake Store have any mention about accepting orders for it.
> There's a thread on the Club Forum about this (and yes, I did add my two
> cents worth), but no response has been forthcoming from anyone at Mandrake.
>
> How's this for marketing skills: I've bought every PowerPack since 8.1
through
> the Store, and I've been a Club member (Silver) since January, 2002. What's
> wrong the Store sending an email asking if I want to reserve my copy now?
>
> Arghhhh...

Perhaps they have had enough of the criticism from people who pre-order and
then get their boxes late or never.  Maybe this is their way of fixing the
Store.

Another thought, IIRC, one of the main reasons to pre-order was cash flow.
Let us charge your card now and we'll ship later.  Perhaps this is a good
sign that they do not need the cash flow from pre-orders.

--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx