This one is very old and has spawned a few flamefests. The workaround is
to use inline message signing instead of MIME... only, Evolution doesn't
support and doesn't intend to support inline signing. Yet another reason
why PGP/GPG is essentially stillborn in terms of widespread usage.

--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...