On Friday 03 October 2003 10:03 pm, Rob Blomquist wrote:

> And then how much distortion, at the top end of the scale do you allow? Or
> should I say time above 50%, 90% and 99% of max volume?
>
> Rob

Generally speaking, this will vary a bit with taste, but I would'nt let more
than say 5 or 10 percent peak higher than 99 percent, and thats with a tune
that does that up/down thing quite a bit.

Normally, you'd want everything below that, think of it as the red in the LEDs
on a stereo - you want everything to peak before that mark.

--

                                                          /\
                                                Dark><Lord