On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 20:21, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Jack Coates said:

> >> replying to myself again... never underestimate the rest of the
> >> world's
> >> desire to look like MacOSX :-) I just set both machines up to
> >> look like
> >> Aqua.
> >
> > I like to talk to myself :-)
> > http://www.monkeynoodle.org/Photos/comp/work-screenshot.png/view
> >
> > go on, abuse the DSL line, it won't fight back.
> > --
> > Jack Coates
> > Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...
>
> Hey Jack!
> Theme looks cool!  Except for that little apple in the lower left
> corner of the right screen :^)
>
> Mike

yeah, that kinda bugs me too :-) I found a really badly done XP theme
trying to look like Keramik, but it was unusable. The interesting thing
about this Aqua theme is that it really does make the XP box feel
better, faster, more usable... with one exception. I've been working on
some complex Javascript lately and debugging it with IE (Mozilla will
quietly ignore Javascript syntax bugs, IE will tell you the line
number). Well, ever since turning on the XP theme, IE takes like six
seconds to chew through auto-filling six dynamic dropdown menus. Mozilla
of course has no problem, and IE had no problem before the theme.
Anyway, way outta topic now.