Would go quicker if you provided your config's and/or log snippets....
"doesn't seem to be working" really doesn't give us much to go by..  :)

        /var/log/messages is a good place to start..

        It's cool how yer like one of 8 people using ME in real life tho.. I've heard
about you! :)

        -matt

        ps - i run nearly the same setup as you are wanting, except with only linux
boxes.