On Sunday 05 October 2003 10:36 am, Damien wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've recently installed (tried to actually...) texstar's KDE 3.1.4 binaries.
> Everything seems to install fine (except for some harmless dependencies),
but
> on the launch, when KDE shows up I keep getting :
> "Unable to create io-slave: unknown protocol file"
> and it doesn't recognize any mime type anymore, however installed (
> ${KDEDIR}/share/services... )
>
> On xsession-errors I got some :
> kio (KSycoca): WARNING: Found version 40, expecting version 48 or higher.
> Error can't open database!
> kio (KSycoca): WARNING: Outdated database found
> kio (KSycoca): ERROR: No database available!
>
> Anyone here has some other feedback on texstar's kde 3.1.4 ?

I have not, but you should check the forum posts at his website to see if
anybody else has experienced this.  You might also consider e-mailing him
directly or posting in his forum, as he may be able to provide more help.  He
also occasionally hangs out on usenet in alt.os.linux.mandrake.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx