Mike Rambo wrote:
On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 09:59, Rolf Pedersen wrote:

Mike Rambo wrote:

Ever since I upgraded my system from 8.1 to 9.0, and now 9.1, I have
found that settings are not saved with konsole (schema, fonts etc). It
looks like they should be saved in ~/.kde/share/config/konsolerc but it
doesn't seem to happen. I prefer to keep several konsoles open but have
to do so (and set schema/font) every time I start up.

Any ideas?

Works here *but* the thing about konsole settings that is a little bit peculiar is that, after you have got all the settings as you want them, you have to go to Setttings one last time and click 'Save settings'. Did you do that?

Yep. Repeatedly... to no avail.

I have run into a problem with cooker and 9.1, which both have an old /home directory dragged along for several releases, where the notification sounds for mail and konsole error, among others, disappeared. However, they worked in a fresh install of Slackware with a fresh /home, for instance. Eventually, I googled on removing .kde, finding a description of how the various rc files get "confused" after undergoing upgrades, moved .kde to .kdebak, which requires resetting kde preferences after a restart, and was happy to get the sounds restored. Maybe this is what is happening in your case.

Rolf