On Thursday 09 October 2003 21:30, James Sparenberg wrote:
> Ok,
>
>     I'm just about to complete my second update from 9.1+plf+texstar to
> 9.2 via urpmi.  The order of march is
>
> urpmi.removmedia -a (get rid of all current dbases)
>
> urpmi.addmedia (added cooker cooker-contrib and plf-cooker)
>
> urpmi urpmi (get the new urpmi first it's ability to download install
> and then download more is a big boon. But be prepared for a huge list of
> changes to accompany it as well.)
>
> urpmi --auto-auto select --force
>
> why the force ... because signatures in the cooker are all over the
> place, and plf cooker isn't signed with the same sig as the rest of plf
> etc etc and I got real tired of saying y every 3 or 4 rpms.
>
> urpmi kernel.

I already have the new kernel running on my 9.1 install, and all seems to be
going well.  Win4Lin is working and the nVidia drivers are installed.

The balance of my plan is as follows:

1) remove all plf and Texstar packages

2) urpmi.removemedia -a

3) urpmi.addmedia my local Cooker mirror

4) urpmi urpmi

5) urpmi --auto-select --auto --no-verify-rpm

6) Add back plf source and reinstall anything interesting from there

7) Wait for Tex to build cool stuff for 9.2

Hopefully, I won't even have to reboot.  I'll report back how it goes.

--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx