On Saturday 18 October 2003 11:38 am, D. R. Evans wrote:
> On 18 Oct 2003 at 10:21, Avi Schwartz wrote:
> > I had a similar problem and no, I did not install Mozilla.  There seems
> > to be a problem in rebuilding (or lack of) the menus in 9.2.  I found
> > there is a program /usr/sbin/update-menus which when I ran it, it rebuilt
> > all menus and desktop links.
>
> No such program on my installation.
>
> This is wonderful! Can anyone spell "catch-22"?
>
> Just how does one regenerate the start menu when the menu is so hosed that
> you can do almost nothing?!!
>
> I'm amazed that this didn't happen to anyone during testing. So far, the
> _only_ thing I did with my pristine 9.2 installation was to add Moz 1.4,
> and this immediately bit me.
>
> I suppose that I can always do a complete re-install. And NOT add Moz 1.4
> once the installation is complete :-)

Why don't you try running an upgrade install.  No packages would be installed
cause everything would be the same, but the config would be reset.

Also, why would you install without Mozilla to begin with?  I beleive it is
such a core package that it has to be installed.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx