On Monday 20 October 2003 01:32 am, Rob Blomquist wrote:
> Out front, let me say that I love Ogg-Vorbis, but my car audio player and
> home DVD player prefer mp3s, so I am looking at converting my 10GBs of oggs
> into mp3s.
>
> My question is how to best do it, without ripping the CDs a second time. I
> am going to try to NOT use ogg2mp3 as to go from one lossy to another is
> way too lossy for me.

Than no matter what you do you won't get the results you want.

> I am wondering if a better path would be to use oggdecode, and to pick up
> the wave file in mp3encode or lame.

Converting ogg to wav does not restore the stuff that was tossed during the
oggenc process.

> Or is there a better way yet?

re-ripping the stuff you want as mp3 is the best way to go.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx