On Wednesday 22 October 2003 04:58 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I downloaded the 9.2 Powerpack CD's, and went on an adventure.
>
> Well, 9.2 has several annoying install issues especially with a broken KDE
> install.
> For example:
>       -consoles don't get installed properly
What exactly do you mean.  The menu entries for alternative consoles will no
longer show up, for instance gnome-terminal will no longer show up in KDE and
Konsole will not show up in GNOME.  This is not a bug but a design choice.
If you want them, you have to add them yourself.

Also, when you find your KDE menus disappearing, that is not a bug in KDE, but
a bug in RPM.  Just run update-menus -v as root to restore them.

>       -old nvidia video drivers don't get overwritten with the new one
>                   for 9.2 kernel, when you do an upgrade from 9.1
>                 - and more

They never will as the nvidia modules are related to a kernel, not the
distribution.  You have to reinstall them for each kernel you are running.

> I think the official 9.2 release should be delayed a little for these
> things to get fixed. Experienced
> users should have no problems fixing these install isues, but for new users
> it would be a big dissapointment.

Unfortunately, it is too late.  FiveStar has been sent to the manufacturer.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx