On Friday 24 October 2003 09:29 am, Praedor Atrebates wrote:
> I have had problems myself.  Just as you mention, items that appear in
> menudrake's depiction of the kmenus but not in "real life".  Some of these
> items are things I added several attempts in the past (as root editing the
> system menu) that just refuse to appear permanently in my working user
> menus. They show up for the session I am currently running so I think all
> is peachy but when I login for a new session the next day (system restart -
> laptop) they are gone.  They still show up in the menudrake window, just
> not in real life.

Make sure you are in the correct environment.  Menudrake allows you to edit
the menu for a particular DE or all of them at once, so for instance, if you
were in the KDE environment in menudrake and add something, it is not going
to show up in GNOME.

Once you understand it, it works quite nicely.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx