On Tuesday 11 November 2003 12:57 am, Rob Blomquist wrote:
> On Monday 10 November 2003 4:29 am, Greg Meyer wrote:
> > The best way to get flashplayer working on Mandrake is to get the
> > Mandrake RPMS from Club Commercial Downloads.  Everything goes in the
> > right place and it works in all browsers.
>
> Is there a urpmi source for the Club Commercial site? I would love to add
> it.
>
> Well, I d/l FlashPlayer-6.0-3mdk.i586.rpm and urpmi'd it, and I turned out
> to need libstdc++2.10-2.96-0.83mdk.i586 too. And with it, all my other
> plugins worked properly.

This is where urpmi really shines.  Even if you just use it instead of rpm, it
will really help get you out of dependency hell.  How is anyone supposed to
know that libstdc+ is supposed to be installed when the binary isnstaller
don't check and things just don't work?
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx