telnet localhost 25
helo
mail from:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
rcpt to:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
data
"you'll work harder with a gun in your back for a bowl of rice a day"
--Dead Kennedys, Holiday in Cambodia
.

If that gives you errors, you need to fix postfix, and the next step is
to post your whole main.cf and anything from /var/log/mail/errors

Jack

--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...