On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 09:20, Kwan Lowe wrote:
> > On Saturday 15 Nov 2003 2:57 pm, Kwan Lowe wrote:
> >> Any idea if the LG Firmware bug will bite if the Mandrake 9.2
> >> install is in a virtual VMware machine?
> >
> > Sorry for the delay in answering - I've been away.
> >
> > I don't know the answer, but I wouldn't take the risk.  LG now have a
> > firmware update available on their site.  Install that first and you
> > should be OK.  HTH

Given that VMWare allows direct hardware access I would go with Anne 216
days is a lot to lose yes, but your going to lose it anyway when you
consider that you'll have to replace the drive.  Console yourself in
this one.  The current record is 4.6 years and climbing.  (A FreeBSD
box.) So although it's nice.  We pale in comparison. (I just took down
one with 192 days uptime.  Kernel upgrade.)

James