On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Simon Smith <simongsm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Even if you don't put anything into fabric that is
> source-control-system specific, having some support for the underlying
> or surrounding little jobs (the temporary directory,

Not sure if you've seen what some of the existing contrib stuff does
(e.g. upload_template*) which uses the stdlib's tempfile module, but
I'm not sure it's really worth wrapping such a simple Python core
function. Is there something in tempfile.NamedTemporaryFile (bugginess
aside) that doesn't do it for you?

> making sure that
> the stuff is cleaned up properly

Can you elaborate? Sorry for the interrogation, I just want to have a
good handle on what's being discussed :)

-Jeff

* Which is hit by an annoying Python 2.5.1 bug, so I may have to write
my own alternative to it anyways -- in which case, yes, that _would_
be something included with Fabric after all.