Hi Nicolas,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Nicolas Steinmetz
<nsteinm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For complex deployment, i may need to run extra commandes like run some
> scripts on one or serveral frontal servers or on a given db.
>
> I would like to avoid providing a new fabfile and was looking for taking
> into account some extra commands which would not be used for simple
> deployment. Any clue ?

Could you provide an example here? I'm afraid I don't quite follow
what you're asking :)

> My other concern is that I would like that all actions are written to a log
> file so that I can audit if a deployment went well or not.

Your assumption that output currently only goes to stdout/stderr, is
correct -- however, there are plans to change this. See
http://code.fabfile.org/issues/show/57 :)

There's also nothing preventing you from logging your own messages
using the Python logging module, but that obviously doesn't cover the
actual stdout/stderr.

However, all calls to run() and sudo() return strings containing
stdout, and those strings also have a '.stderr' attribute containing
stderr -- so you could still rig something up to log both types of
output to a file.

Again, however, we have plans to make that a lot easier or automatic,
in the future.

Best,
Jeff

--