Hi John,

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 7:10 AM, John Keyes <johnke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been documenting a fabfile and generating docs using Sphinx
> autodoc. I want nice HTML docs and I want to play nicely with fabfile
> -l and -d.

Yea, it's an interesting problem, and one I'm familiar with since I do
the same thing. For now I just deal with the sometimes-ungainly Sphinx
markup, but it *would* be nice to find a way to "clean" them for
display.

Offhand, and without looking it up, I'm assuming there is some way to
do this with either Sphinx or ReST proper, i.e. writing a parser
subclass that says "no matter what, just spit out the text being
formatted, don't surround it with anything". That's if such a tool
hasn't already been written, of course.

Only issue with this is it would move Sphinx from a development to a
usage dependency, which is undesirable. I suppose we could make it one
of the optional dependencies like Jinja2 is for contrib.

Just made a ticket for this with these thoughts in it:

    http://code.fabfile.org/issues/show/165

Thanks for the input!

Best,
Jeff