Hi,

Couple of question first -- which Fabric, Python and Paramiko versions
are you using? (If you don't know the paramiko version, you're
probably using the one bundled with Fabric 0.9.0.)

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Clive <rop...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> [localhost] run: mv ~/.ssh/known_hosts ~/.ssh/known_hosts_old
>
> Warning: local() encountered an error (return code 1) while executing
> 'mv ~/.ssh/known_hosts ~/.ssh/known_hosts_old'

Is this the only case where you run into the problem, or does it
happen with other unrelated chunks of code too? Moving your local
known_hosts file around might be confusing Paramiko; I'm by no means
certain, but it just jumped out at me.

Otherwise, I'd find it unlikely that the failing local() call would
cause the following run() to flake out, but I can't say for sure
without seeing your fabfile verbatim. Any chance you could sanitize it
for hostnames/IPs/etc and send it to me otherwise unchanged? (You can
mail it to me directly if you wish, doesn't have to go onto the list.)

Best,
Jeff

--
Jeff Forcier