What is your issue with this? That specific call is using the parmiko library
instances, and as such needs to leverage some of the methods provided on it's
instance.

Thing is, as a user of fabric, you don't have the need to use that directly.
Any connectivity work like that is taken care of for you by using the fabric
methods and the fab command.

goose