On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 13:04, Robert Terhaar <rterh...@atlanticdynamic.com>
wrote:

> On Sep 2, 2011, at 5:31 AM, Ramon van Alteren wrote:
>
>> == Background ==
>>
>> To give you some idea of what I'm (planning to use) using fabric for.
>> I build maintenance and deploy scripting for a company with a large
serverfarm of 3000+ nodes. Tasks build with fabric will typically execute on
groups of hosts sized around 50 - 300 with a max of approx. 1500 hosts.

> To support such a large number of servers, you may want to consider
mcollective.

> http://puppetlabs.com/mcollective/introduction/

I know, we're also using puppet a lot and for a long time (pre 0.22)

However, most of our scripting is in python, which meshes not so nicely with
the ruby based mcollective

Ramon