Hi Jim.

I'm trying to use ErgoEmacs, but I cannot get it working either on Windows 7
64-bit.

The contents of my .emacs file:

(load-file "F:\media\repositories\factor\misc\fuel\fu.el")

(setq fuel-listener-factor-binary "F:\media\repositories\factor"

(setq fuel-listener-factor-image "F:\media\repositories\factor"

(set-background-color "cornsilk")

These lines are gleaned from the readme file that comes with the FUEL vocab.

The contents don't matter now because the file is not being loaded by Emacs
or ErgoEmacs.

I saved the .emacs file in the ErgoEmacs install directory, in the bin
subdirectory, in .emacs.d  and in .emac.s/server.  The .emacs.d directory is
the only non-installation directory the installer creates.

When ErgoEmacs launches for the first time, the status bar says "The
directory '~/.emacs.d/server is unsafe".

1.     If the environment variable HOME is set, use the directory it
indicates.

2.     If the registry entry HKCU\SOFTWARE\GNU\Emacs\HOME is set, use the
directory it indicates.

3.     If the registry entry HKLM\SOFTWARE\GNU\Emacs\HOME is set, use the
directory it indicates. Not recommended, as it results in users sharing the
same HOME directory.

4.     If C:\.emacs exists, then use C:/. This is for backward
compatibility, as previous versions defaulted to C:/ if HOME was not set.

5.     Use the user's AppData directory, usually a directory called
Application Data under the user's profile directory, the location of which
varies according to Windows version and whether the computer is part of a
domain.

This bit above seems thorough, but does not help with Emacs or ErgoEmacs.

Where did you place your .emacs file.   Did you need to create a HOME
environment variable?

Shaping