> The contents of the Factor folder built from git sports the following
> items not appearing in
> the .95 binary Factor folder:
>
> -files: boot.unix-x86.32.image, factor.image.fresh, GNUmakeile, Nmakefile;

These are:

1) boot image downloaded to create a complete factor image file for your
platform (32-bit unix).
2) copy of the "factor.image" file to allow reverting if you want to have a
clean environment
3) make file to build on unix platforms
4) make file to build on windows

> -folders: build-support, unmaintained, vm

5) a directory with "build it, scotty" files for all platforms.
6) a directory with "not working but maybe in the future" code
7) a directory with C++ code for the VM that produces the "./factor" binary

> I don't know if they are necessary, so I'm not gonna touch them while I
> check my .94 project code compatibility.
>
> Any thoughts on the differences? I'll keep you posted, if anything
> unrecoverable pops up.
>
> Thanks so much to all for your work. Onward!

Glad it works for you, these files are not released in the binary releases
but all contain or are related to the source build process.

Best!
John.