Joe, I was looking for something more enforced than that - so that I can
expect a package I download to "just work" and not waste time with
dependence issues.

Doug, I just read that link but it's a bit over my head for me, not knowing
node, and not having any concrete examples of how it's a bad thing (like
the example I gave with P and E, D, F).
So it's hard for me to follow.

- rien