The .factor-boot-rc is used during bootstrap, but if you just download and
use a release, you might want to put that code in .factor-rc which is run
each time Factor starts.

Also, I'm a bit confused -- your examples uses "emacspath" but the
documentation for editors.emacs says to set the path to emacsclient?

    "editors.emacs" help

That means this would be it (either in the listener directly for testing,
or in .factor-rc on startup, or .factor-boot-rc on bootstrap):

    USING: editors.emacs namespaces ;
    "/path/to/the/emacsclient" emacsclient-path set-global

And in emacs you would need to make sure to have:

    M-x server-start

I just tested that and it worked fine (meaning ``"io" edit`` opened the
file in my open emacs buffer).

Thanks,
John.