Dear all!

Please, may I ask you a few questions regarding concatenative
languages in general? This is not strictly about Factor so I apologise
if it is not appropriate here.

1. Concatenative languages vs. tacit languages

What is the difference? Is there any at all?

2. Composition

I think I read somewhere that "function composition" is just
"concatenation" of two programs. Does it mean that I can cut any
portion of some program a paste it anywhere into some other program
and it will just work? Doesn't it make some assumption about the
stack's content, for example, which would make the program break?

3. Instruction set

What is the minimal set of operations for a concatenative languages to
be Turing complete? I mean, how does the the most minimal
concatenative language look like?

4. Quotations

Is it fundamental to be able to pass around unevaluated code? I mean,
what is the reasoning behind "quotations"? Are they necessary for a
language to be Turing complete?

5. Types

I read that it is also possible to have "types" concatenative
language. In broad terms, how does it work? Does the evaluation simply
skips the types it doesn't recognise? Does it throw an exception if
attempting to add a number and a string?

Thank you!