Hello!

  I have successfully used Argon2 after building it from source
(https://github.com/P-H-C/phc-winner-argon2/releases/tag/20161029).
  I'm only interested in one function - argon2i_hash_raw - but I may contribute
it as a stub in case someone wants to expand the FFI.
  I use it to derive an encryption key from a user-supplied password.

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argon2

  I'm also planning to use blake2b for hashing, although currently I'm thinking
about merely calling an external executable, not linking to a library.

  Thanks for the links to those who replied. I agree that the proper way seems
to be to store the encryption key in a malloc'd buffer, which would take it out
of reach of the GC.