Hello!

  I have tried using io.serial in Windows today. Normally, serial IO is pretty
straightforward in Windows: you open a file named "COM1", possibly set the baud
rate, and off you go reading and writing.

  Not so much in Factor.

  I have imported the io.serial vocab and perused its empty documentation.
Well, do I really need any documentation, I thought to myself. How hard can it
be, really?

  So I did the first thing that came to mind:

9600 "COM3" <serial-port>

  The error was:
Generic word default-serial-flags does not define a method for the word class.
Dispatching on object: windows

  Well, o-kay... What does it do on other platforms, then?

M: unix default-serial-flags
    flags{ IGNPAR ICRNL } >>iflag
    flags{ } >>oflag
    flags{ CS8 CLOCAL CREAD } >>cflag
    flags{ ICANON } >>lflag ;

  Those flag names could not be more unhelpful if they tried. That's dead end
number one.

  But wait, maybe there's something useful in io.serial.windows? A-ha!
<serial-stream>! Let's check it out:

"COM3" ascii <serial-stream>

  It worked! I have an object that seems to be a stream of some sort. Let's try
reading from it:

5 over stream-read

Generic word stream-read1 does not define a method for the win32-file class.
Dispatching on object: T{ win32-file f f f ALIEN: 134 f }

  That's dead end number two.

  Does anyone know how to get past either of these?