> > > Well, his sidhis led to suicide, so go figure.
> >
> > Not sure I understand this comment.  I believe performance of
> > siddhis were a small part of what he did, and he did not revel
> > in their performance.  From what I understand he demonstrated
> > them to show one facet of what kundalini energy can do.
>
> Can someone summarize or point to a link explaining what sidhis he
> performed?

Don't know of a link, but what kinda siddhis ya want?
Gotta big bag of 'em here.  :-)

They don't all necessarily map to the siddhis described
in the Yoga Sutras, although some do.  Over the years,
I saw him levitate, as in sitting in lotus and just
lifting up off the chair and hovering there in midair
for minutes at a time, sometimes telling a joke the
whole time.  Or in the desert, he'd just step up off
the sand and onto a "staircase" that wasn't there, and
just climb up and down it for a while, several feet
above the ground.

I've been sitting three feet in front of him and seen
him go invisible, to the point where you could see
stars through the outline of his body, and then no
outline.  I've seen him do the same trick from the
feet up, leaving only a Cheshire Cat smile before
it went pop! and disappeared, too.

I've seen him project the double, as described in the
Castaneda books.  One of him was standing a few feet
in front of me and another one was up on top of the
mountain we were in front of, waving.

I've seen him -- so help me -- move the fucking stars
around in the sky, shift whole constellations, draw
smiley faces with them.  That's a real corker to digest,
because you know that physically they weren't moving
around, at least in this dimension, or a bunch of
astronomers would've had a hissy fit.  Yet they moved
around.  I saw it, and hundreds of other students saw
it.  Go figure.

There was lots of stuff, from filling a room with
golden light to opening up portals to other dimensions
and letting us see what was on the other side.  It was
really neat.

And it wasn't just watching.  He didn't teach how to
*do* these things, at least not in words, but there
was an energetic component to these things that you
could not help but experience yourself, subjectively.
It was as if there was a certain state of attention
from which these things could be performed, and he
took us with him to that state of attention when he
performed them.

And he *also* killed himself.  See what I mean about
the mindfuck?  :-)

Unc