Genocide of Women in Hinduism
by Sita Agarwal

I dedicate this book to my late younger sister, who was murdered as
a result of a dowry-related incident while in full blossom of youth.
Like most sisters, we were very close to one another, and her early
death had a deep impact on me. This tragedy inspired me with the
will to join the Indian feminist movement, and to eventually write
this book. I hope that this work may save the lives of some of my
Indian sisters and help reduce the suffering of Indian womankind.
The reason for writing this book is purely humanitarian, so I have
made this book available in the public domain. The more widely this
book is read, the more innocent lives shall be saved. Please
distribute it freely, and help save Indian women. Thank you in
advance for your efforts.

After my sister's death, I joined the Indian feminist movement. I
read the usual feminist literature, took part in the usual
demonstrations in support of womens' rights, and attended the usual
womens' rights conventions. However, it soon dawned on me that the
movement was quite hollow, and, despite several decades of
existance, had failed miserably in its objectives. At the time I
write this book, in June 1999, the status of women in India has sunk
to its lowest ebb. After 50 years of Independance, cases of female
infanticide, sati, dowry-related murders and crimes against women
are on the increase, and in many cases are at their highest levels
seen since the birth of the Indian Republic. I soon realised that
the reason is that Indian feminism has not tackled the core of the
evil, but has only squabbled about superficial aspects of the
problem. Western feminism was merely transplanted onto the
subcontinent, and like many plants, had been unable to thrive in its
new environment. It is only by tackling the root of the problem that
this plant can grow. I hope that this book shall enlighten all
Indian women as to the true reasons for the abject state of
subjugation we are in.

Everyone has heard the Brahmin male propaganda that the customs of
sati, dowry, female infanticide and all other social suppression of
women in India is the result of `social degeneration', `coruption',
or still worse, `foreign Christian or Muslim influence'. This is all
one big lie designed to fool women. The reasons are far more deep-
rooted, and are fully the result of Brahmin male conspiracies.

The real reason for the sad state of Indian women is the
continuation of the Vedic and Vaishnava religions, collectively
referred to as Brahminism or `astika' Hinduism. These religions
clearly and unambiguously justify and prescribe the crushing of
women to the status of sub-humans. Rather than being due to some
kind of `corruption', the ghastly practices of sati, female
infanticide, dowry and related acts are actually enforced by Vedic
and Hindu scriptures. Although this may sound like some Christian or
Muslim propaganda, it is not. I have backed up my research with
quotations from Vedic and Vaishnava scriptures, and have shown that
these religions, and nothing else, are the main culprits behind the
most anti-woman system the world has ever seen. Far from being
`enlightened' and `progressive', Brahmanism is in fact the very
fountain of the evils of sati, female infanticide, devadasism and
dowry.

The result of my research is far-reaching. Instead of wasting time
attacking trivialities, the Hindu religion itself must be attacked
by Indian feminism. If Indian women are to become free, it is this
faith that must tackled, and nothing else. No other religion, not
even Islam or Christianity, burns its women, or slaughters one-tenth
of all women each generation except Hinduism. Indeed, Brahminism is
nothing but the legitimised genocide of women. In this book I have
performed calculations showing how Brahminist men, and not
Communists or Nazis, have been responsible for the greatest genocide
(namely that of women) in the history of the world. The worst
holocaust in human history was not that of the Jews or Africans, but
was that inflicted on women by Brahmins. A significant part of this
holocaust occurred in India during thousands of years of Brahmanic
tyranny. Even in the modern era, Brahmin-enforced laws lead to the
deaths of more people each decade than Hitler killed during the
entire Second World War. To stop this ongoing holocaust, Indian
women must unite with all those who oppose Hinduism, for an enemy's
enemy is a friend. Indian feminism must unite with Islamism,
Communism, Sudra Nationalism and Christianity in order to fight a
form of savagery known as Hinduism. By necessity this strategy shall
have to vary according to region. In South and Central India, Sudra
Nationalism promises to uplift Dravidian, Dalit and Adivasi women on
a healthy platform of anti-Brahmanism. This pan-Negroist philosophy
is thus a natural ally of Indian feminism. In North India, the
allied Islamist ideologies of pan-Islamism and Mughalstanism have
proven a potent forces for womens' liberation, witness the Mughal
emperors' restrictions on Sati and female infanticide. Indian
feminism should hence ally itself with these movements. Communism
has helped women in West Bengal and Kerala, and is another natural
ally for Indian feminism. Hence, by means of judicious realpolitik,
the status of Indian women can be bettered.

Since I have written this work for humanitarian purpose, I hereby
make it free of any copyright. You may freely distribute this book,
in part or in whole, via any means you desire, whether by internet,
www, email, newsgroup, usenet, or any electronic means. You can also
print out this book and translate it, and distribute it in pamphlet
form.

Please help Indian women. By distributing chapters of this book via
the internet or as pamphlets, you shall be saving innocent lives.
Each person can do his little towards this noble cause. By taking a
little time to post this to a newsgroup, by hosting this book at
your internet site or by adding a link to this book from your page,
you shall be doing service towards a valiant movement. This doesn't
cost any money; it just takes a little effort. Pleaes help, and
prevent further young and beautiful Indian women such as my sister
from premature death at the hands of Brahmin tyrants. Help end the
genocide of women in India.

Thank You,
Sita Agarwal

http://www.dalitstan.org/books/gowh/gowh-i.html