Bill wrote:
  "The Divine" is a mode of speech designed to shelter us from our frightful
picture of a horrible, wrathful God. However is also shelters us from having to
confront the "Being" at the heart of the most powerful experiences of deity
found in the western tradition - all-consuming fire, overwhelming light,
extinguishing presence, drowning dissolution.

  Bronte writes:
  The Infinite is beyond word description, so we conjure terms to refer to it
as best we can. There is no shielding effort behind the word "divine." Not
everyone experiences God the way you describe. The fire and light are
overwhelming, but only fear makes one perceive the Infinite as "extinguishing"
or "drowning dissolution." That would make God a monster, who wants to eat his
own children.

  But God created the world on purpose, not through ignorance as Hinduism would
have us believe. To claim creation is the product of divine ignorance is a slap
in the face of the creator. God is not that stupid!

  The world is here for divine entertainment, for -- as MMY used to say -- the
expansion of happiness. God got bored just being the Bliss, and wanted
something more. Yet ironically, his children think that going back to just
being is the ultimate spiritual experience. God begs to differ with us.

Got a little couch potato?