Hi, Yagyax. Never saw you on the forum before. This was brilliant. However, I'm
confused what you meant by this part:

  IMO, if certain Gurus refuse to recognize the fact that they are
still individuals, so be it. After dying, perhaps they will no
longer exist as individuals, really; leaving the universe for those
who wish to continue with some type of relative body.
But since the delusional "I" is only ONE component of what makes up
an individual, the "I" cannot be said to vanish. Obviously, the
false "I" does vanish but this is only one component of what makes up
a person, which distinguishes one person from another: MMY is not
SSRS, etc. That's what makes up an individual, in the broadest sense
or definition.

  I agree that the delusional "I" is only one component of what makes up the
individual. Another component is the enlightened "I," which from my perspective
includes not just "I" the universal but "I" the purified individual ego. I'm
not sure that's what you were saying though. If it is, we're in complete
agreement.

  Were you, instead, meaning to say that the false "I" is the thing that makes
us separate from other persons? If that is the case, I disagree. A purified
individual ego still distinguishes between itself and others -- moreover, it
acts dynamically, rather than passively observing its own actions. It isn't
"false I" to step dynamically into one's individual expression, especially when
the "universal I" is awake within.

  I was thinking of another analogy: the figures in a painting. All a painting
is, on one level, is a painted canvas. There is no diversity other than canvas
and paint (kinda like consciousness and energy). That is the "oneness" level of
the painting. But it would be false to say the figures in the painting don't
exist. It would not be wrong for a lion in the painting to say "I am an
individual lion" at the same time as it says "I am a painting." Both are true.
What isn't true is for the lion to say "I am only a painting. I was never
really a lion."

  yagyax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          --Nope Billy - Bronte is more correct - although Auth is technically
correct to a certain extent.. The bottom line, beyond the lively
exchange of ideas, amounts to a thorough, deepseated POV about how
one views the world and the ultimate goal of human evolution: (as
discussed in a previous string), a. After E., one can still choose to
exist as an individual, b. apparently, one can allow the compoments
of one's existence to completely dissolve and disspate, leaving no
individual, or c. choose not to choose.
However, a. has a variation which may cloud the concept
of "individuality". A Buddha may exist relatively speaking, but the
components of individuality may be spread throughout the universe in
countless Transformation bodies.
We can take Ramana as an example. He viewed the body as simply
excess baggage to be gotten rid of (to paraphrase his own words!).
Contrast this with the goals of certain Buddhas who may continue to
exist in some form to assist the evolution of others. There's a
contrasted POV here!.
Thus, it's more than semantics; but the two sides amount to
(perhaps) irreconciable differences.
IMO, if certain Gurus refuse to recognize the fact that they are
still individuals, so be it. After dying, perhaps they will no
longer exist as individuals, really; leaving the universe for those
who wish to continue with some type of relative body.
But since the delusional "I" is only ONE component of what makes up
an individual, the "I" cannot be said to vanish. Obviously, the
false "I" does vanish but this is only one component of what makes up
a person, which distinguishes one person from another: MMY is not
SSRS, etc. That's what makes up an individual, in the broadest sense
or definition.
In this broad context, rocks can be "individuals" since each of them
differs from the others. Thus, semantics enters into the picture,
true..
- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bronte Baxter
> > <brontebaxter8@> wrote:
> > >

> > > I replied to this once. Somehow it never posted, so here goes
> > again:
> > >
> > > From Judy, quoting Bronte:
> > > To claim that the ego is only a Me is to perceive only its
> > limited > expression. Such limited expression certainly needs
> > dissolving for > cosmic bliss to occur. But the Me only needs to
> > dissolve into the > I. It was never intended by the Infinite that
>the
> > I should dissolve > into non-existence.
> > >
> > > Judy wrote:
> > > I really think this all boils down to a matter of semantics.
I've
> > never understood that in enlightenment the "I" dissolves into
> > nonexistence; rather, what dissolves into nonsexistence (because
it
> > was an illusion to start with) is *identification*
> > > with the "I." The "I" is still there, doing its thing, not in
any
> > way inhibited by the lack of identification with it.
> > >
> > > Bronte writes:
> > > It's not just semantics. It's a fundamentally opposite way of
> > viewing life and the universe. People of my mindset don't just
claim
> > that the ego never dissolves in true enlightenment. We also
advocate
> > that IDENTIFICATION WITH the ego -- in the subjective sense
of "I,
> > the doer" (not in the object sense of "Me, the happened to")
SHOULD