--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bronte Baxter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    > And you have zero logic or rationale or ANY argument
whatsoever
> > behind anything you say, except to attack me. Pathetic little man
> you are.
> >
> > OffWorld
>

>   Bronte writes:
>
>   Uh-oh, Off-World, my dear kundulini wise man, the fire got a
little too hot for you, bro. You broke into A FLAME!   >>

You guys always say that. But I am saying those things in a totally
calm voice...can't you tell?
A flame is dropping bombs on people. Roughing a guy up verbally for
acting like a dumbass is the enlightened thing to do. An
unenlightened person would be all nice about it at all times. Though
I am not enlightened and never claimed to be, you MAY be falling in
to the trap that believes and promotes the idea all enlightened
people must appear to be nicey nicey all the time. That is a fallacy.
The Gita says as much, and it makes sense.

>   It's not all your fault. Your opponent was putting you down
without doing outright namecalling. But you are the one who crossed
clearly over the line.
>   Come on, you guys! This is supposed to be FUN!>>

It is fun....to a point.
But the guy said, in another post here, that he trolls the internet
purely for the purpose of annoying people and this gives him a rise.

<< Buddy, please quit saying Off World doesn't know beans about logic
just because he disagrees with you. That seems unfair. And where I
come from, with a minor in philosophy, a tautology was considered an
error if you were using it as reasoning to prove something. Maybe, as
a former logic teacher, you could explain to us how and when
tautology is a good thing.     >>

A tautology in logic is true under all circumstances. In logic if a
statement is not tautological, then it becomes questionable as to its
truth under all angles of inquiry. A tautololgy is the best statement
in logic to achieve. Anything else is questionable.

""A formula is valid (a tautology)... is true in all possible worlds.
A formula is said to be valid if it is valid in all models ...  A
valid formula is called a tautology. Predicate Logic (or Predicate
Calculus or First-Order Logic) is a generalization of Propositional
Logic. Generalization requires the introduction of variables...A
formula that is valid is called a tautology. ""
http://cs.wwc.edu/~aabyan/Logic/Modal.html

If your argument is not tautological in its statements then it is
weaker. However, I did not use tautology as the hypotheses and
conclusion as qntpkt claimed.

What you and the others here have been taught is a tautology in
rhetoric, which is not logic, but the art of persuasion.

>   You are both brilliant entities, and together we Fairfield Lifers
are exploring life more deeply and figuring out the universe. Please
don't put each other down, because you're both BEAUTIFUL and NEITHER
ONE of you deserves it! It hurts all of us when you hurt each other
here. I love you guys.>>

I think qtmpkt and yagyax are Shempgurk under other guises.

OffWorld

.