> In a message dated 10/4/07 8:52:46 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> a  message dated 10/3/07 10:48:33 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])   writes:
> >
> > Being a few pounds overweight is one thing, but to be  morbidly
> obese,
> > like Bevan has been for many years, is a sign of  some real mental
> > health issues, and he's not the only looney tunes in  the TM mgmt
> > lineup. I think it's important to give these guys a  reality check
> > once in a while in the middle of that non-stop "we are  the masters
> of
> > the universe" song and dance, which will be true  some day, but
> > certainly not today.
> >

> > He really aught to look into Gastric by pass, seriously. I can  only
> imagine
> > the number of co-morbidities he  has.
>
> ***************************************
>
> As  bad as his overeating problem is, I think he should manage it in
> an  ayurvedic way. Gastric bypass is dangerous -- although studies
> vary in  estimating the risk, this link claims 1 in 50 people die
> within a year  after bypass, and it's worse if the surgeon is not
> hightly  experienced:
>

> Problem is, it's obvious he hasn't been able to manage it at all.  Otherwise,
> he wouldn't have the weight problem he has. Gastric by pass isn't  near as
> risky as some would have you believe. Death from the surgery is down to  less
> than one in a hundred and most of those that die are the super morbidly
> obese,
> 500 pounds and higher with horrible co-morbidities. In other words people
> who
> are on death's door anyway. There are plenty of surgeons all over the
> country that are specializing in this surgery now. I had it done on May 22nd
> and
> have lost over 80 pounds since and am off all medications I needed before,
> blood
>  pressure, cholesterol,,joint pain medication and off the C-pap. I have much
> more  energy, sleep better, no back or joint pain and on top of that my
> meditations  have been much better since. But... it's a decision that only he
> can
> make and if  he ever asked me I would encourage him to research it and talk
> Doctors who  specialize in it and also talk with several people who have had
> it
> done. It will  change his life for sure.

Congrats on your success with the procedure. It sounds as though you have
optimism
of the sort that occurs only a few times in life, when a major change for the
better
presents new opportunities and sheds old baggage, if you don't mind the pun.
Hang in
there;  I, and I'm confident others here, are happy for you and wish you
continued and
stabilized progress.
(Bliss Ninny Buster Alert -  change of tone about to occur - from sincerity to
sarcasm )
MDixon,  if you could just stop eating the line of BS the GWB admin has been
feeding you,
you could make some real progress ;-D
-Mainstream