> 5005375,00.html

> > > I saw her turning counter-clockwise to start with,
> > > but it was easy to reverse the direction.
> >
> > This is really interesting.   When I first looked at it, it was
> > clockwise.  Then after I had read the writing on the left and
> > looked back, it switched.  This happened a few times. First
> > clockwise then after reading, the switch.  I guess reading kicks
> > in the left brain.
>
> That *is* interesting. You'd see it clockwise
> first, I'd guess, because you're a musician and
> use your right brain more.
>
> Can you make it switch at will, without looking
> away? I can, but only at certain points, when
> the lifted leg is parallel to the plane of the
> screen. I can make her go back and forth in
> half-circles without ever swinging the leg
> behind her.

I discovered that what would make it shift
for me every time was to close one eye, and
then open both. Right eye keyed to left brain,
left eye to right brain, that sorta thing.

I wonder whether which direction you see it
spinning in when you first see it has anything
to do with which of your eyes is dominant? One
of them always is. My left eye is way dominant,
so I saw her spinning to the right? Who knows?