"> I'm still not religious; that just isn't my
> temperament. But I no longer see religious
> ideas as bunkum. How they're *taught* is what's
> bunkum."

I have a lot more confidence in people on this board doing the work
you are describing rather than the mainstream movement types who seem
to love their dogma at face value.  I'll see your Anthony Campbell and
raise you a Joseph Campbell!  I think he was on a good track to give
myths their proper due without taking their surface value as God's
truth.  This is a fascinating area.