--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <sidha7001@> wrote:
> >
> > Om Namo Narayan
> >
> > Sahaja means effortless and continuous -
> > (not simply the result of being in sitting meditation)
> > This is rather a continous state of Consciousness versus
> > an experience that comes and goes.
> >
> > Sarvikalpa - is still having an identity but it is merged
> > in Oneness. Being One
> >
> > Nirvikalpa - is no me remaining - Simply IS. One does
> > not percieve any story any longer it is over. There is only
> > Pure Awareness without any attributes layered over.
> > IN Nirvikalpa Sahaja there are no longer rising thoughts
> > and oneness has dissolved into 0 point balance.
> >
> > Maha Shanti
>
> Sri Ramakrishna describes this distinction very well: "Savikalpa
> Samadhi was compared by Sri Ramakrishna to a cotton doll which when
> put in water gets saturated with it, and Nirvikalpa Samadhi to a doll
> of salt which when immersed in water dissolves and loses itself in it.
> Nirvikalpa is the higher..."
>
> It reminds me of the saying by Christ Jesus that:  "Whoever finds his
> life (ego) will lose it (Cosmic Awareness), and whoever loses his life
> (litte ego) for my sake will find it (Cosmic Consciousness).

Little ego? as in small self? ego will do, there is no ego and enlightenment
existing at the
same time.

You left out sahaja- in both cases with savikalpa and nirvikalpa, it will be
different if the
sahahja is either there or not. So Realization is Nirvalkalpa sahaja samadi.

Sarvikalpa sahaja samadi while an exalted state has the "me" there. There is
further to go
yet this is a place one may stop in their journey. This again is a situation
where when one
is with a Guru resting in Realization, they will know where the disciple is at
and then guide
them to completion. This again is also the significance in knowing that the
Guru is
enlightened because they are only capable to take one as far as they themselves
are.

My Guru had this state and was ready to stop, it was only because of her Guru
that she
continued as instructed. Sarvikalpa sahaja Samadi is a very attractive place
saturated in
bliss.

Here is an answer to a question from the newest enlightened in our group,
resting in
nirvakalpa shaja samadhi since 7 days ago:

Namaste all,

While reading through the posts a question popped up. In the realized
state how do you feel about your loved ones? Do you feel as attached
to them as before or do you now have a different love for them that is
more detached? I am trying to understand how now you are feeling one
with the everyone and everything in the world, how you could chose one
person over another to spend your life with. Would you not love all
people the same?

I am not even sure my question makes sense, but hopefully someone will
get the gist of it.

Amy

Namaste Amy

You love them more than they have been loved, All IS love as all love itself.
There is no
*me* to enter in the act of loving, Love IS. Only responsibility to them no
attachment and
family remains as is, all is perfectly normal.

most of what has been remains the same.

if you are with a person who you share your life with there would be no reason
to change
that . But if you are single there is no reason to chase after some one because
there is no
desires. desires for the most part vanish one dose not feel lonely or dependent
on an
other.

Realization is not an emotion and love is not a feeling but they are also the
same. don't try
to figure it out just do the practice an trust the Guru.

Love Light Jyoti